Thank you for all the kind words and condolences. This last week has been rough, mostly because I really was only able to take one day to even deal with my grandmother’s passing to go to her funeral. Even then, I had to find someone to cover my shift at my second job, go to the grocery store and prep lunches for the rest of the week. I’m still supposed to write a paper for Monday, and I just can’t seem to make it happen. I don’t know. I’ll get through it, finish up my next semester in two weeks and then crash I guess.
Anyway, I wanted to throw together a status post to let you know where I’m at and what to expect for the rest of the year. I finish student teaching at the end of this week and my last paper is due May 9. After that, I’m just going back to my regular double job life. Hopefully, next year, I’ll get a full-time job so I won’t have to work two jobs. I do have to write a research paper at some point in the next year, but I haven’t decided if I want to do it next fall or spring.
- I desperately need a new layout, but I just haven’t felt up to creating a new one. These last eight months or so have just been personally exhausting.
- I want to get back to doing ebooks but its fallen off my radar for the moment.
- Bittersweet – This remains in the same place as before. I still have to finish the the last five chapters or so, and about five or six need to be beta’d. I’m really hoping that I’ll be able to finish it up by the end of May and sent it over to Cora. I don’t know yet when I’ll start posting it again.
- Damaged – My God. I sometimes feel like Season 3 will never happen, and I’ll be real with you. The major problem I’m having is that I set up a story in Season 2 with the murders at the end.When I started writing Season 3, and I just don’t want to write the original idea so I’ve been trying to get myself out of that. I’m also playing around with the pacing and amount of episodes. This is going to happen. I just…ugh.
- Mad World – This is a work in progress. I’m refining my outline so I can set up bread crumbs correctly. I wasn’t expecting to still be writing Bittersweet in May, so that threw off my entire schedule. I know how Parts 1 and 2 are going to work, so as soon as I figure out the ending for the whole thing, I’ll be working on it this summer.
- Fool Me Twice – I’ve moved it out of workshop because I’ve figured out the major plot points and how to make it flow. I just have to sit down and work it out. I’m torn because I think the only way to do this is to make it an alternate version of the show like Damaged, but I’m not sure I have the energy.
- Sky is Falling – I want to get back to this idea because I really love it. But I have to flesh out the world a bit more, figure out all the relationships so I can push it forward.
- Scottish Romance — A lot of y’all have been writing in about this one and it’s on my plate, I promise. I wrote myself into a corner because I feel like I hurried the romance and the relationship and I also didn’t know who the villain would be. I’m working on it and I hope to bring it back soon.
There are a few stories I’ve got tucked away in outline status, including some old ones that were around from before the five year hiatus from 2008-2013.
- These Small Hours – a rewrite of the post-Kate shooting that has Johnny/Nadine and Jason/Elizabeth taking on mob romances, bad drugs, and complicated relationships. It’s actually mostly outlined, it’s just been sooo long since I’ve really written Nadine in a canon story, I want to make sure I have her voice nailed.
- Feels Like Home – this is the rewrite of Tangle and I’m still outlining it. There are some aspects that haven’t fit in neatly.
- Counting Stars – this was a story set in 1999 that I’m still dealing with some kinks in. I had another idea for another version of 1999, and I haven’t decided if I want to find a way to merge the idea or make them separate stories.
- Fallen From Grace – This remains in the same position it was a year ago — I’ve outlined it but I’m not sure how I want to end it. It’s a rewrite of 2006 with Nikolas/Robin, Patrick/Elizabeth, Lucky/Sam, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted those to be my ending couples or not.
- Collision – another version of 2006 with a kind of Cassadine twist. I’m not sure if I want to incorporate pieces of this into Damaged or make it a separate story.
- For the Broken Girl — another version of 2006 with focus on Lucky’s drug storyline. I wanted to find a way to have that story use Jason’s past with Lucky more effectively, I just haven’t worked out how to approach it. My original version was a rewrite of the summer and was super twisty and angsty. My second go was to take the story back to spring and rewrite Sam’s shooting. I’m still working it out.
I have a lot of ideas and a lot of content planned. It’s just a matter of my life letting me get to it.