This pages outlines a tentative schedule for my writing process. As I work more on projects and get more comfortable with this new approach, I’ll be able to give more firm release dates. All of these dates are subject to change — I’ll note up here at the top if I change those dates.
7 August 2019: Initial dates set.
25 August 2019: Updated with completed items.
30 August 2019: Updated with changes to FMT’s first draft & tentative schedule for Bittersweet’s ebook.
Discovery Draft: This is the preliminary version of the story. I write out all of my scene ideas, my plot sketches, the back stories, the relationships. I write everything down in various Scrivener drafts and then piece together a rough chronology, then break down the story by scenes and subplots.
Alpha Draft: This is the first draft. I’m an extremely linear writer — I find it difficult to write my stories out of order. I start at the beginning, write until the end and I almost never ever go back and reread. That’s usually how I end up stuck or putting things on the shelf. I only stop when the story feels stalled. There’s usually a reason for it. This is how I wrote Bittersweet and both Mad World Books 1 & 2. I don’t even read for typos or consistency errors.
Beta Draft: This is the second draft. I go through and reread — I fix typos, inconsistencies, make notes about what scenes need to be moved, be rewritten, or even cut. This is also the draft I send to my beta readers for reader feedback.
Posting Draft: This is the draft that I format into ebooks and post at CG and the other sites where I distribute the work.
All books are posted in .epub, .pdf, or .mobi formats.
- August 17: Complete posting draft of Mad World, Book 2; Complete discovery draft of Fool Me Twice DONE
- August 18: Begin writing alpha draft of Fool Me Twice DONE
- August 24: Release Mad World Book 1 to Patreon Crimson Fan Tier DONE
- August 25: Launch new Patreon tiers DONE
- August 31: Release Mad World Book 1 to public. POSTPONED TO SEPTEMBER 2
- September 1: Release Mad World Book 2 to Patreon Crimson Adored Tier DONE
- September 24: Release Bittersweet ebook to Crimson Fan Tier
- October 1: Release Bittersweet ebook to public
- October 20: Begin discovery draft of For the Broken Girl
- October 31: Complete alpha draft of Fool Me Twice; Release Mad World, Book 2 ebook to Patreon Crimson Fan Tier
- November 1: Begin writing alpha draft of For the Broken Girl
- November 7: Last chapter of Mad World, Book 2 posted; Public release of book of Mad World, Book 2
- November 30: Complete beta draft of Fool Me Twice
- December 31: Complete posting draft of Fool Me twice
- January 1: Complete ebook of Fool Me Twice
- January 2: Release ebook of Fool Me Twice to Patreon Crimson Adored Tier
- January 31: Complete alpha draft of For the Broken Girl
- February 1: Begin discovery draft of Next Project (TBA)
- February 3: Begin posting Fool Me Twice